Hi there fellow Good Future Females!
We are so glad to have held our first Good Future Females meeting! Here is a summary of the key points that we discussed.
As women, we care very deeply about people, about communities, societies and the future generations. Education was the core topic of our discussion. It came up in multiple conversations and some of the key points we discussed centred around:
- Climate change and indigenous knowledge
- New skills for a new generation
- Learning through digital channels and gaming
- The importance of mentors and role models in technology and futures education for women and girls
- Creating more spaces for females of the future workforce to explore these ideas
- Importance of female perspectives in the development of new frameworks and technologies
We want to be able to create spaces for ourselves as women working towards the Good Future and then create spaces for others.
- To begin with, we have created a dedicated slack channel for female Good Future members to collaborate, share and discuss topics that matter to them and give a unique perspective on topics.
- Secondly, we would like to create a video collage of all female Good Future members and supporters sharing their perspectives on what it is like to be a woman working in the futures space.
- We are planning a live-stream event for the new year, where we will feature female Good Future members sharing their perspectives on key topics.
Thanks for being a part of the narrative! Make sure you follow us on social media and sign up to get an invite to the slack channel